- The Washington Chapter of Community Associations Institute (WSCAI) – www.wscai.org. WSCAI is the best organization to join in Washington if you want ready access to people and material that are helpful to boards, owners, managers, and vendors. WSCAI is one of about 55 chapters around the world. They do a good job of trying to solve the “problem” space of community associations.
- National CAI – caionline.org. The national organization has probably the best list of written resources for community associations and their owners.
- CONDOMINIUMS created after July 1, 1990 – The Washington Condominium Act – RCW 64.34. Here you can find Washington laws that explain the rights and responsibilities of developers, owners, and boards.
- CONDOMINIUMS created before July 1, 1990 – The Horizontal Property Regimes Act – RCW 64.32. Here you can find a less substantial set of state laws for older condominium communities.
- Single Family Homes subject to an association – The HOA Act – RCW 64.38.
- Association Reserves – Washington. Budgets and money can be complicated and contentious issues within community associations. Association Reserves has very easy to understand information about an association’s statutory duty to report long-term financing needs of community associations. Not setting aside enough money and not understanding the true cost of ownership in community associations are two of the biggest problems community associations face during their interminable lives.
There are many good vendors who take a consulting approach to sales. Work with us and we’ll find you a vendor that’s a good fit for your needs.
If you would like to recommend other resources please contact us!